I have spent over 40 years as a sole practitioner building a thriving client base in midtown Toronto. The work falls mostly in “traditional” solicitor areas – conveyancing, wills/estates, and corporate/commercial.
Now it is time to find someone to take on the load with a view to acquiring the practice.
The type of person needed for this undertaking:
- should have at least 10 years, hands-on, experience in handling real estate files, drafting wills, managing estates and incorporating companies. This is a busy office and you need to be able to jump right in!*
- must be prepared to work long hours and long weeks, when necessary. If you are unable or not prepared to do this, please do not respond!*
- must understand how to use and apply technology to keep the office running. This office makes heavy use of technology and is substantially paperless. You must have good problem-solving skills!*
- should be a “people” person so that our clients stay with the firm and, in turn, become referral sources.
- must be highly organized and entrepreneurial.
- will have decided to eschew the large firms, preferring the independence and entrepreneurial nature of a boutique office (whatever that means).
You will have the opportunity to retain clients–some of whom have been with me for over 40 years–and to bring in new clients.
You will also take on the administration of a will vault by continuing my long-standing practice of sending periodic reminders to clients, something I have done for several decades.
I have beautiful office space in a choice location at the corner of Church and Bloor.
If you are interested in stepping into this well established practice, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
* the exclamation marks are not mere exaggerations and are intended to emphasize that these points are significant issues.